We asked you before the weekend which creme brulee you wanted us to make with our Gusta giftset and you said White Chocolate & Raspberry. This simple yet tasty recipe worked out a treat: the layer of delicious raspberry jam on the bottom added that extra touch of heaven to this creamy, white chocolate delight. We think this recipe would make a perfect dessert for anyone planning a romantic Valentine’s Day meal, or just for a general treat, as it’s so easy to make yet luxuriously delicious.
What you’ll need:
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of raspberry jam
- 4 ounces of chopped white chocolate
- ¾ cup double cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries
(This recipe should give you 4 servings.)
1) Preheat the oven to 150°C
2) Spoon raspberry jam into the bottom of the ramekins and smooth it out.
3) Melt the white chocolate on a low heat. Stir until it is all melted. Immediately add the sugar and whisk gently until all is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
4) Add the double cream and milk and heat thoroughly.
5) Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly. Set aside.
In a bowl:
6) Mix the egg yolk, salt, and vanilla until blended well.
7) Gradually add the white chocolate cream to the egg yolk mixture, adding a little at a time until both are well combined.
8) Strain the mixture with fine mesh sieve into another bowl.
9) Ladle the mixture into the ramekins over the jam.
10) Place the ramekins in a hot water bath and bake for 35-40 minutes until the middle jiggles.
11) Take out and cool to room temperature.
12) Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours – 2 days.
And finally: when you’re ready to indulge, sprinkle sugar on the top and caramelize with the torch. Add some fresh raspberries and enjoy!
We slightly adapted our recipe from the fabulous affectionforconfection.com. Let us know if you try it!