Love Mars Bars? Milky Way? Twix? Why not make your favourite chocolate bar into a delicious sticky cookie, with this simple recipe. We’ve used Mars Bars this time, but substituting the equivalent amount of any chocolate bar should work nicely too. A mouth-watering treat!
Prefer your cookies chewy? Or crispy? For modifications of the recipe to bake your cookies to your own tastes, see the tips at the end to become a real cookie pro.
- 250g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g softened unsalted butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Mars Bars (chopped up)
This recipe makes approx. 18 delicious cookies.
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
3. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
5. Beat the vanilla and eggs together, then combine with the butter/sugar mix.
6. Mix in the sifted flour mix until just blended*.
7. Stir in the chopped Mars Bars.
8. Using a teaspoon, drop a heaped spoonful of cookie dough onto the baking tray for one cookie, and make each cookie approx. 8cm apart. Do not flatten the dough.
9. Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes.
IDEA: Add a little chocolate or caramel sauce to really get creative with your cookies.
Ensure that ingredients are at room temperature before mixing.
Depending on your preference: egg yolks add richness and a crisp texture after baking, whereas egg whites will produce a dry and cakey result. You can adjust the recipe accordingly to your tastes. To counterbalance the drying effect of egg whites, extra sugar can be added.
*Over-mixing can add too much air to the dough and mean flat cookies. To avoid this, once you have combined the dry and wet ingredients, mix until the ingredients are just combined.
If you like your cookies chewy allow them to cool on the tray for 3-5mins before moving them to a cooling rack. For crispier cookies, allow them to cool for 1 minute before moving them.
These delicious cookies are presented with our beautiful Jamie Oliver Vintage Terracotta collection in cream.
Find beautiful household items and innovative cookware at smedson.com.
Pop by and say hi on our Facebook and Twitter!